Locally employed position – LE3
Two-year contract (with possibility of a one-year extension)
Salary and conditions:
CHF 74,269 per annum
The Australian Consulate-General in Geneva, Switzerland is seeking to fill the position of the Accounts and Personnel Assistant. The position will be a member of the Accounts and Personnel Services Team, assisting with the management of the mission’s accounts as well as providing back-up support to other members of the Team
The selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following Selection Criteria:
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare, check and process invoices within SAP.
- Manage cashier functions, collection of revenue, debtors procedures, petty cash.
- Prepare the annual fringe benefits tax report on motor vehicles.
- Maintain telephone and utility records and process payments.
- Administer claims made under the overseas health provisions, including translations, preparation of reports and processing of accounts.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports for Attached Agencies.
- Assist in the stocktake of Chancery assets.
- Scan all records of financial processes into EDRMS.
- Provide backup on finance-related issues during absences of PN GE004 Accounts and Personnel Services Manager
- Experience and skill in the administration and processing of accounts within a formal framework. Familiarity with Australian Government accounting procedures and/or Swiss payment systems an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills within the Microsoft environment. Experience using a financial management information system. Experience in SAP an advantage.
- Ability to work with limited direction, to set priorities, exercise initiative and meet deadlines.
- Sound judgement, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a busy team environment.
- Highly organised, flexible and adaptable
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluent written and spoken French
To be considered applicants must:
- Address the selection criteria in their written application (no more than three pages), meeting and addressing all essential criteria
- Include a resume
- Include two work-related referees
Application Closing Date - The closing date for receipt of applications is COB Thursday, 1 February 2018.
Applications received after this date cannot be considered.
Applicants who are not asked to attend an interview within four weeks of the closing date may assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
For questions or for submitting applications, please contact: