Security Assessment: NV1/2 desirable
Salary and conditions : CHF 64,350 per annum
The Australian Permanent Mission and Consulate-General in Geneva, Switzerland is seeking a General Services Officer / Driver. The position will provide administrative and organization support to Australian Permanent Mission and Consulate-General in Geneva.
The selection for this position will be based on merit and judged against the following Selection Criterion:
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the Conference Centre facilities to a high standard
- Monitor meeting room bookings and liaise with Officer responsible for the event
- Set-up the conference centre for functions including ordering and purchasing food items for meetings/events
- Maintain conference facilities equipment in good working order, including maintaining supplies of representation equipment, and laundering of tablecloths
- Maintain settling-in kits in good working order, including recommending replacement purchases
- Maintain in a clean and tidy state the offices of the Australian Permanent Mission Geneva.
- Pick up and deliver the mail to the post office on a daily basis
- Assist with general administrative duties, as required
Provide back-up for the following duties as required:
- Carry out light general maintenance and minor internal removals at the Mission
- Carry out light general repairs and maintenance at A-based residences as required
- Provide back-up to the HOM Drivers and Maintenance Officer/Driver
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent in English - both spoken and written and a good working knowledge of French
- Basic computer/IT skills required
- Swiss or other recognized current driving license.
- Availability to work outside regular office hours at short notice
To be considered, applicants must:
- address the Selection Criteria in their written application (no more than three pages), meeting and addressing all essential criteria
- include a Resume
- include two work-related referees
Application Closing Date - The closing date for receipt of applications is COB 27 June 2017. Applications received after this date cannot be considered.
Those who are not asked to attend an interview within four weeks of the closing date may assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
For questions or for submitting applications, please contact: